Thursday, September 25, 2008

Current Event......hum....how current can I get?!

A current event in my life is trying to make the best out of the information and the opportunities that college present sme. I'm slightly struggling with figuring out what to do next. Granted Im not a senior so Im not completely panicked, however I want to make sure that I get the best possible start towards being successful.
I want to to an intership, yet I want to study abroad, yet I dont wanna miss whats goin on here, however Im gonna need a break period for myself! There is so much that Im trying to do and accomplish, so my current event is making sure to efficiently utilize my resources. LOL....Career Center, my Major Department, Networking Skills.
I know that this isnt exactly what people think about when seeing current events, but its just as current as the McCain v.p. scandals, elections, hip hop news, or national politics and drama but hey, its current and close to home. I know everybody is struggling with this, sometimes there are so few people giving you information on the next thing thats best for you to accomplish. And sometimes by the time we figure it out its too late. So hopefully I dont reach that too late point!!! .....and heed my warning those reading this now..lol (hit the library, talk to professors, look up interships..) Hope I follow my own advice.....we'll see..

1 comment:

Crina A said...

I am right there with you in being unsure about what to do next. It is hard growing up. I guess for a while I just figured that college was going to be my last biggest decision... but real life does begin after college.
I am also leaving a comment to let you know that I wrote about your presentation in my blog. I really love music and think that having it in schools would make a big difference on education. What made your presentation so much better was the fact that you loved your topic!